12th Man Fitness ChallengePosted by: FitPro | Posted on: January 21, 2014
In honor of the 12th man spirit I’ve decided to run a little fitness challenge for all you Seahawk supporters. Regardless of your fitness level you CAN do this. It’s easy, peasy.
Starting tomorrow, January 22nd, we have exactly 12 days until the Super Bowl. Your goal is to get 12 MORE minutes of exercise per day until then.
It’s that simple!
If you don’t exercise, you just move 12 minutes a day. If you exercise a little, just add a little more. If you exercise a lot than your goal is to add 12 minutes of exercise you don’t do.
Here are 12 ideas to kick start your 12th Man Fitness Challenge:
1. 12 min walk per day
2. 12 minutes of CORE training per day
3. Perform 12 reps for each set of your muscle conditioning exercises
4. Stretch 12 minutes longer than you normally do
5. Foam roll for at least 12 minutes
6. Add 12 intervals into your cardio sessions
7. Spend 12 minutes relaxing and meditating
ON THE NUTRITION SIDE OF THINGS
8. Drink at least 12 ounces of water 2-3 times per day. **Ideally drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day
9. Limit or avoid all alcohol; 1 drink per day women, 2 per day men (5 ounce pour)
10. Avoid white sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, and artificial sweeteners and food dyes
11. Eat a protein source with every meal
12. Eat a fruit or veggie with every meal
Support your Seattle Seahawks and your health and get your 12th Man Fitness Challenge game face on!!
Spread the CHALLENGE and take care of you!
In health, fitness and SEAHAWK spirit,